Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Harley Quinn - Stage 1

Sometime in September, I decided that the Boyf and I should be the Joker and Harley Quinn for Halloween.  



Let me start with this: I fucking love Halloween. Favorite holiday, by far - always has been. Maybe that's because I have a bitchin' seamstress of a mother who made all of my costumes and prom dresses through my child- and teen-hood. Actually... yes, that's definitely the reason.  So now that I am older and pagan-er, I would trade all of the Christmases and Easters in the world for Halloweens, no question. 

Anyway, shortly after beginning to ponder Harley designs, I came across this one-sie at the Arc nearby. RIGHT?! Freaking perfect. In one instant the decision for Halloween this year was made and I knew the thrift store gods were rewarding me for all of my dedication over the years.




I am definitely putting my own spin on the costume, largely due to the fact that rocking red spandex round the ass can't actually be possible - even if it is only half, so I'm wearing black shorts over. And with waist-length hair, The Real Harley's head-formed jester hood simply will not work. So I'm adding a looser, creepy-cloak style hood in the red-and-black stripe fabric above.  I found the mask at Disguises in Wheat Ridge - if you haven't been, GO. 

Need to turn the bottom half of the leo around and fix the zipper, make/add the hood and other embellishments. Will be doing this tomorrow and posting progress on this blog all week.

Oh, and I bleached the front half of my dark brown hair.  So yes, it is orange. Round two, hopefully with the end result of blonde, will be Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment