Monday, October 29, 2012

Harley Quinn - The Makeup

My first role on stage, I was in the 7th grade. There was (and still is) this awesome children's community theater in at the recreation center near my parents' house.  The musical was called Katastrophe Kate, and I had all of four lines at the very beginning as a young failure of a chef. I don't honestly remember how the story progressed after that but I spent the second half of the play without any speaking lines - I was a mime. A black-and-white striped, stuck-in-an-invisible-box mime. So I'd like to pretend that this whole all-white makeup thing is old hat.

Saturday evening, J and I stood in his bathroom - he was struggling with prosthetic scars while I surfed on his laptop and struggled with my $1.99 grease face-paint that despite all efforts maintained its uneven streakiness. So I gave up on that, this happened instead. I wish I had a camera that could more accurately pick up on all the colors and glitters in the eyes shadow. Ahhh well. This was inspired pretty specifically by this girl: http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/253116441527625990_s7fEGU4m_b.jpg whose blog I cannot locate anywhere. Damn.


No comments:

Post a Comment